Noēsis, the undergraduate journal of philosophy at the University of Toronto, is now accepting submissions for the first edition of the 20th Volume for publication in Spring 2019.
Papers selected for publication in Noēsis will demonstrate precision, excellent scholarship, and originality on any philosophical topic. Especially insightful exegetical works and cross-discipline papers are welcome so long as the philosophical content included in the paper is substantial.
This is a great opportunity for students at any stage of their studies to showcase their work and get involved in the International philosophical community. Every student selected to be published in the journal will receive a hard print copy of the journal which showcases their paper.
Papers submitted for consideration must:
1. Have received an A-range grade (although it is strongly recommended that even such papers be revised and expanded prior to submission)
2. Be no more than 5,000 words in length
3. Be prepared for blind review (i.e., no author-identifying information or notes in the body of the paper)
4. Submitted as a .pdf, .doc, or .docx file
5. Must be submitted in the English language
In addition, please include the following information on a separate cover page:
1. The author’s full name
2. The submitted paper’s title
3. The word count of the paper
4. Major and year of study.
5. An email address where we can reach you
Successful applicants will work with two Noēsis editors over the course of three months to make changes, revisions, and additions to the paper.