- Academic Integrity Record of Faculty/Student Conference
- Change of Schedule (Drop/Add) Form
- Grader Policy for Department:
Requesting a grader
- The primary purpose of grader positions is to accommodate enrollment demand for a class that is expected to exceed its usual enrollment cap.
- Note that for in-person classes--where enrollment caps may reflect physical classroom size--it may not be possible to raise the cap and so a grader may not be assigned.
- GTAs may hire themselves for additional grading as long as this does not violate UA hiring policies or visa requirements
- Requests for graders are not available after the first day of the semester since time is needed to fill an additional 20 seats.
- With the addition of grader, your class's enrollment cap will be raised by 20 students.
- If your class's enrollment is approaching these limits (or if you have some other reason to expect that demand for enrollment in your class may exceed its enrollment cap), you may request a grader.
- Typical class sizes for stand-alone GTAs are in-person = 65, online = 90, Gen Ed in-person = 55, Gen Ed online = 80. Faculty class sizes are in-person = 40, online = 55.
The Department is also willing to hire graders for instructors experiencing difficult personal circumstances, who may reach out to the department head at any time and request grading assistance. Instructors seeking grading assistance under these circumstances should not expect the enrollment cap for their class to go up.
- All graders are hired at the discretion of the department head.
- Instructors approaching the limit of their class size and who are willing and able to add 20 seats can expect to be allowed a grader.
- Graders earn $1000 for 40 hours of work
- Instructors awarded grading assistance are responsible for finding a suitable grader (typically an MA or PhD student in the Philosophy Department) and communicating this to both the program coordinator and business manager.
- Hiring for grader positions is subject to UA hiring policies and visa requirements
- Note: The information above applies to instructors seeking grading assistance through the Department. It does not apply to instructors using other sources of funding (e.g., faculty research budgets) to secure grading assistance.
- Independent Study Proposal
- Leave of Absence Undergraduate
- Leave of Absence Graduate College
- Petition Graduate College
- Preceptorship Guidelines , Preceptor Contract for enrollment
- Undergraduate Course Syllabus Policy Template
- Undergraduate Course Syllabus Sample
- Date and location of final destination
- Date and location of return
- Mode of travel (rental/personal vehicle, airplane etc)
- Business purpose for expense (full name of conference, workshop etc, with link to program)
- Location/address of lodging
- List any use of personal time during this trip.
- If international, you will be required to generate a special UA International Travel Registry number at global.arizona.edu/travel .
- Yetadel Foundation Travel Funds Application
To promote the study of the foundations and philosophy of natural sciences and the study of cognition. Particular areas of study may include artificial intelligence and neural networks, and the philosophical foundations of physics, chemistry, genetics, molecular biology, neuroscience, optical science, and nonlinear dynamics. The Fund may be used [inter alia] to support exceptional graduate students by… defraying travel expenses for a presentation of their work at international conferences.