Student Journals & Publishing
Check out these Calls for Papers and get your work published!
A Priori: The Brown Journal of Philosophy
A Priori is an undergraduate-run journal from Brown University. For more information visit the A Priori website.
Almagest: Troronto's Undergraduate Philosophy Journal
Almagest is the University of Toronto's History and Philosophy of Science (HPS) Undergraduate Journal. Past issues have included papers on Galenic medicine, philosophy of mathematics, philosophy of ecology, privacy and Big Data, historiography, and causality in quantum mechanics, among others. Almgest continues to feature interviews with prominent academics, such as Freeman Dyson, Ian Hacking, and Peter Galison.
Dianoia is Boston College’s peer-reviewed Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy. Browse the Dianoia website for past editions as well as for other important information pertaining to their journal.
Duke Philosophy, Politics, and Economics Journal
The Duke Philosophy, Politics, and Economics Journal (Sponsored by Duke PPE Certificate Program) is a new publication which is about to start its first year, and they aim to publish original peer-reviewed works of philosophy, politics, and economics from undergraduate and graduate students. Visit the Duke Journal of PPE website for more information.
The Hemlock Papers
The Hemlock is a student-run undergraduate journal at the University of Idaho. is in search of original philosophical papers authored by current undergraduates. They aim to publish essays that can be read and understood by a general educated audience. Papers must be philosophical in nature and self standing. All submissions will be peer-reviewed in anonymity. Acceptance for publication will be based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, pertinence, quality, and depth. The Hemlock would appreciate that only one paper be submitted per applicant.
Sapere Aude ("Dare to know") is the undergraduate philosophy journal at the College of Wooster. Visit the Sapere Aude website for more information about the journal, past issues, and upcoming calls for papers.
Undergraduate Philosophy Journals
- Areté - An undergraduate journal of philosophy at Rutgers University.
- Aporia – An undergraduate journal of philosophy at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Bi-annual
- The Dualist – Stanford's national undergraduate philosophy journal.
- Ephemeris – Union College is an undergraduate journal of philosophy offered by Union College.
- Episteme – A student-run journal out of Denison University that aims to recognize and encourage excellence in undergraduate philosophy by providing examples of some of the best work currently being done in undergraduate philosophy programs.
- Eudaimonia - UMass Amherst's Undergraduate Philosophy journal.
- Prometheus – A journal covering all philosophical topics and hails from Johns Hopkins University.
- The Reed – Undergraduate philosophy journal about Existentialism.
- Stance: An International Undergraduate Philosophy Journal – International journal offered by Ball State.
- The Vassar College Journal of Philosophy – Student-run publication supported by the Philosophy Department of Vassar College.
- The Yale Philosophy Review – An annual journal by undergraduate students, worldwide.